These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Dune Sea Garrison | Commlink. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
1. No baiting, flaming, or trolling. This includes using avatars or signatures that aim at provoking others.
2. No spamming the forums or "business opportunities."
3. No profanity except in designated areas. Although word filters are active, don't try to get around it. Keep the forums G-rated.
4. No discussion of politics or religion.
5. Avatars and signatures are visible on public areas of the forum. Keep them public-friendly.
6. Confidential information is confidential. Do not transcribe, copy, or otherwise distribute information in private forums to third parties without permission, except in cases where such information is being reported to Legion supervisory personnel (which includes Garrison officers or forum moderators as appropriate).
7. No crude or threatening behavior. Determination of such will be in the sole judgment of forum moderators and/or administrators.
8. Users may report violations of forum rules by contacting a forum moderator, the Garrison Webmaster, or a member of the Garrison Command Staff. However, moderators or administrators may deem that reported posts may or may not be in violation of the forum rules.
9. If another user is not violating these rules but their posts still irritate you, ignore them. Everyone who participates in these forums needs to have a thick enough skin to not let another person irritate them.
10. If you get censored or edited, don't jump on the "free speech" bandwagon. Private organizations are not obligated to uphold the First Amendment. That only applies to the government ("Congress shall make no law...."). Arguing that point may result in further immediate action.
11. No rules-lawyering. The decisions of moderators, the Garrison Web Master, and Garrison Command Staff are final. Most of the moderators and the Garrison Webmaster are just as expert in rules-lawyering as you are. Obey the spirit of the law even if the letter of the law doesn't expressly specify every possible outcome, permutation or result of an action.
12. Take responsibility for how your posts may be interpreted. If you meant it one way, and multiple people interpreted it another, maybe it's not necessarily their fault for reading it wrong. Maybe it's because of how the post was written.
13. Please try to keep posts as "On Topic" as possible (i.e. related to Star Wars, Sci-Fi, Dune Sea Garrison business and operations, etc). When posting a new topic or a response to a topic, please pause and think. Remember that your post will be visible to all the members of this group and may not necessarily contribute to a particular thread.
14. Controversial topics that need resolution at the Garrison Command Staff or Legion Council level should not attempt resolution in general discussion areas. Posts that bring attention to these issues are permitted, but Moderators reserve the right to lock topics that are out of control and no longer productive due to excessively opinionated or repetitive posts.
15. Additions and changes to these rules may occur at any time. It is your responsibility to keep up to date on them. #
- Forum Rules
Disciplinary Policies and Procedures
Warnings automatically expire after 30 days. If abuse of this time-frame is detected, disciplinary action may occur.
1. First offense: warning issued.
2. Second offense: warning issued, and posts moderated for a period of 7 days from date of first subsequent post. In the case of avatar/signature abuse, avatar/signature privilege will be suspended for 30 days.
3. Third offense: banning for 14 days, and post moderation for 30 days following date of first subsequent post. In the case of avatar/signature abuse, permanent revocation of avatar/signature privilege.
4. Fourth offense: suspension from forum for a minimum 30 days. Reinstatement of forum use privilege will be contingent upon conference of Garrison Command Staff. Garrison Command Staff may decide to extend suspension if warranted.
5. Subsequent offenses may result in permanent revocation of forum use privileges and/or possible disciplinary charges in accordance with 501st Legion policies covering acceptable behavior, up to and including dismissal from the 501st Legion.
6. All users on moderation may also be prohibited from editing previous posts. #
- Warnings automatically expire after 30 days. If abuse of this time-frame is detected, disciplinary action may occur.
Definitions and Other Policies
Treat others as you would like to be treated. Respect fellow members and their opinions. Respect must be extended to each and every member, the administrative staff included. Be polite and courteous to others and keep your messages in good taste. Disagreements are bound to happen. Approach them in a civil manner, with respect to the other person's point of view.
Should you feel someone has crossed the line and is being disrespectful to you, contact a forum moderator, the Garrison Webmaster, or a member of the Garrison Command Staff and allow them to handle the situation. If a member's family, gender, race, national origin, etc. is maliciously involved in an argument, the offending member will face an immediate ban. On a final note, respect for the opposite sex must be shown at all times. #
- All pornographic, sexually suggestive and sexist material are prohibited. Additionally, do not link to porn or post "Email/PM me for/with porn". #
- Posting of anyone's personal information without their consent is prohibited. This includes e-mails and private messages, except when requested and authorized by Garrison administration staff. #
- A "troll" refers to a member who does not contribute to discussions in a meaningful way, and may in fact post messages merely for his or her own amusement, or to insult, annoy, provoke, or anger another member or group of members. Trolling is prohibited. #
- "Shilling" refers to the use of the board's resources, membership list, PM system, etc. to communicate in any form on behalf of a banned member. Shilling is prohibited. #
- A "sock puppet" refers to an alias being used by a member in order to hide their identity and may be used to make complaints, to insult, annoy, provoke, or anger another member or group of members (see "troll" above). Sock puppeting is prohibited. Members who have separate memberships but use the same computer for viewing/posting to the DSG Forums are not considered to be sock puppeting. #
- Treat others as you would like to be treated. Respect fellow members and their opinions. Respect must be extended to each and every member, the administrative staff included. Be polite and courteous to others and keep your messages in good taste. Disagreements are bound to happen. Approach them in a civil manner, with respect to the other person's point of view.
- The forum rules will be revised from time to time. Although it is ultimately the member's responsibility to periodically check the rules to keep up to date, members may not always be able to do so. The Rules Revision page summarizes any changes that are made to the forum rules. #