Searching for Information

Open forum for general conversation. Viewable by members and non-members.
Ghostie20
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
Legion ID: 0
Name:

Searching for Information

Post by Ghostie20 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:51 pm

I don't know how I want to start this off, but I'll sum it up the best I can. I am going to be a Police Officer for the MEPD and I am searching for items that comes with it and one of those items I have trouble finding is Latex Handguards.

Yes you heard right not only it is a requirement from the MEPD and the CRL but so far its like finding a needle in a haystack(to me). Now I wanna ask do you guys know any website or manufacturer outside of prop masters and is still 501st approved that sells this type of material?

Or by any chance do you guys have this type of handguard that you either aren't using or just coincidently have a spare that I can buy from you?

Any input is appreciated

Corven
Commander
Commander
Legion ID: 10101
Name: Tim

Re: Searching for Information

Post by Corven » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:52 pm

For basic approval, plastic is okay. Latex is an alternative, only required for level 2 certification. If you are just looking for approval to join the 501st, I would suggest just sticking with plastic for the base approval. You can always upgrade to next level certification later, if desired.
Tim Wiant
TC-10101

Is there an Echo in here?

GoofTrooper
Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
Ensign
Ensign
Legion ID: 37423
Name: Eric
leadership_rank: Garrison Membership Liaison

Post by GoofTrooper » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:31 pm

Hello. If you want some latex handguards check out the FISD forums at http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/ .
Specifically, https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/ ... going-run/ . justjoseph63 sells them and they are very nice quality. They can be weathered to use with a Sandtrooper.

Also, I don't know if you have a kit already, but Jim Welch recently posted a Sandtrooper kit for sale here: viewtopic.php?f=7&p=135511#p135511
Eric Foehner
TK Föhner

Ghostie20
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
Name:

Post by Ghostie20 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:48 pm

Hey man thank you for the links but unfortunately I don have authorization to view them, I wish I was lying. Can you send me the link to the sandtrooper kit if possible.

kayelbe
Commander
Commander
Legion ID: 21398
Name: Kevin

Post by kayelbe » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:40 pm

PM Chainsaw here on the forum. He's the one selling the Sandy kit.

Also, it's widely recommended to gain basic clearance in the 501st before attempting Level 2/3 costume requirements. Those are completely optional and in no way affect your standing in the club outside of the bragging rights. Once you "get your digits", you can then gain further access to the various detachment forums "members only" areas. For example, the For Sale and Vendor Sales areas of the detachments as well as this forum.
Kevin L Brown "Kayelbe"
TB-21398 {Lancer} Rathtar Riders

Hesikaya
Jundland Wastes Squad Leader
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Legion ID: 41469
Name: Scott
leadership_rank: Jundland Wastes Squad Leader

Post by Hesikaya » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:58 am

It was nice meeting you at the Meet and Greet tonight. Keeep us posted on the Sandy progress. If you haven't already ordered the kit and want to consider teh kit Chainsaw listed. He is including a Husky bin and pauldron among other things. As Kevin said you can try to PM him. I know he was planning to list it on the 501st page soon but you may not have access there.

Also, please add your name to your profile so everyone can get to know you.
Scott Woodworth
TK-TI-IC 41469
Fire Team Desert Storm
Gonk Droid Builder and Jawa Wrangler. :jawa:

Ghostie20
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
Name:

Update

Post by Ghostie20 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:10 pm

Not seeking for information that I know of this is a status update,

I know it has been a very long time since I posted but I have been very busy with the U of A. On the other hand I wanted to inform you all that I will soon have my armor as Dave from Armor Master(AM) said in about 2 weeks he'll have a kit ready shipped to me which I can't tell you how I am excited to build my armor and troop with you all when its ready.

Also when I contacted justjoseph63 about the flexible handguards he was selling, he mentioned that his supplier was Armor Master in some odd twilight zone coincidence I will not only get a kit but the handguards I need to be a PO weird right..?

Soon my thanksgiving break is in 7 days I want to make a WIP post on me making my Sandy field backpack version 3. The only thing is I want to detail everything on the build almost like a "how to guide" if that's ok?

I am getting closer and closer by the day to be an official member and I am very excited none the less.

Nathan

Hesikaya
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Legion ID: 41469
Name: Scott
leadership_rank: Jundland Wastes Squad Leader

Re: Update

Post by Hesikaya » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:27 pm

Ghostie20 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:10 pm
Not seeking for information that I know of this is a status update,

I know it has been a very long time since I posted but I have been very busy with the U of A. On the other hand I wanted to inform you all that I will soon have my armor as Dave from Armor Master(AM) said in about 2 weeks he'll have a kit ready shipped to me which I can't tell you how I am excited to build my armor and troop with you all when its ready.

Also when I contacted justjoseph63 about the flexible handguards he was selling, he mentioned that his supplier was Armor Master in some odd twilight zone coincidence I will not only get a kit but the handguards I need to be a PO weird right..?

Soon my thanksgiving break is in 7 days I want to make a WIP post on me making my Sandy field backpack version 3. The only thing is I want to detail everything on the build almost like a "how to guide" if that's ok?

I am getting closer and closer by the day to be an official member and I am very excited none the less.

Nathan
Thanks for the update Nathan. When you start your work in progress, would you mind posting a link to it in this thread so we can easily find it once you get it posted? Looking forward to your progress.
Scott Woodworth
TK-TI-IC 41469
Fire Team Desert Storm
Gonk Droid Builder and Jawa Wrangler. :jawa:

Jedi Joe
Admiral
Admiral
Legion ID: 9494
Name: Joe

Post by Jedi Joe » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:19 pm

Looking forward to your WIP thread.
Joe

a.k.a. "Baby Stealer"

"You know you've reached rock bottom when you're told you have character flaws by a man who hanged his predecessor in a military coup." - Charlie Wilson

Ghostie20
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
Name:

WIP link

Post by Ghostie20 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:28 pm

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=14701
Here is my link to my WIP post I hope you guys like what I did and there is where I will keep posting on my progress from beginning to end. Also let me know if the link works as well.

Nathan

Ghostie20
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
Name:

EEENNOMINE PADRE ESPIRITU SANTOOOSSS!!!!!

Post by Ghostie20 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:30 pm

Finally, after a long time waiting I finally have my armor from Dave at long last... I AM SO EXCITED(images are below). Having my armor at my disposal I cant wait to get started since I want to at least attend one of the trooping events in mid February as soon as its complete and I have my legion ID as well, but I will see how that plays out. I will make a WIP on my armor as soon as I get started on it.

Retrofire
Commander
Commander
Legion ID: 91005
Name: Peter

Post by Retrofire » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:36 pm

That is so very exciting Nathan! If you haven't had a chance I would sign up at the MEPD forums here: https://forum.mepd.net/
The detachment armory team are experts in the sandy and can help you as you progress in your build. As an ex-GML the benefit of this is that they can guide you through and it will set you up for success when you submit to the DSG GMLs for 501st clearance. Best of luck with your build!!
Peter Holzemer
TB-91005 [Lancer]
501st Pathfinders Detachment Armorer

janalynn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Legion ID: 11235
Name: Jana

Post by janalynn » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:28 am

There is also a series of YouTube videos by TK 1636 on how to put armor together. Don’t have the link, but you should be able to search and they should pop up.
Jana Maclellan
I am the Sith they are looking for.
SL11235

Ghostie20
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
Name:

Post by Ghostie20 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:30 pm

Thank you Peter for the input I will make sure to ask some of the members of the MEPD about the armor. Jana I have found TK 1636 YT channel and subscribed to him, thanks for the heads up now I have a guide into building my armor as well.

kayelbe
Commander
Commander
Legion ID: 21398
Name: Kevin

Post by kayelbe » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:17 pm

janalynn wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:28 am
There is also a series of YouTube videos by TK 1636 on how to put armor together. Don’t have the link, but you should be able to search and they should pop up.
The link to the channel is stickied at the top of the WIP forum here.
Kevin L Brown "Kayelbe"
TB-21398 {Lancer} Rathtar Riders

Endotech
Captain
Captain
Legion ID: 10016
Name: Rick

Post by Endotech » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:57 pm

Good luck on your MEPD , armor.
Rick Ferguson
Fire Team